Saturday, October 29, 2011

Episode 12: The Semi-Homemade Bitch

Usually, I’m not keen on going the semi-homemade route.  I mean, if I’m gonna make it, I should make it, right?  But every now and then, even I don’t feel much like cooking.  I had a brownie mix in the house but since I now have a brownie recipe that I think will keep me from ever making a brownie out of a box again, I wasn’t quite sure what to do with it.  I’ve been on a bit of a cookie kick lately, so as queen of my kitchen, I decided cookies was the way to go.  And I’ve gotta say, it was a very good decision though I’m thinking next time, I may add some white chocolate chips…
Yummy Fudge Brownie Cookies
·         1 box fudge brownie mix
·         1/3 cup oil
·         1 egg
·         2 tablespoons Bailey’s Irish Crème (water, Kahlua, Grand Marnier or a number of other liquids would do nicely)
Preheat oven to 375°.  Line a cookie sheet (or 2) with parchment paper.  Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.  It will seem a little dry, don’t be alarmed by that.  Roll dough into balls about 1 ½” in diameter and place 2” apart on cookie sheets.  Using the bottom of a drinking glass, flatten balls until about ¼” thick.  (Dipping the glass in sugar before flattening each cookie will prevent the dough from sticking.)  Bake for 7 minutes.  Let cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.  Makes about 24 cookies.

1 comment:

  1. That says 1/3 cup oil...came out kinda funny in the post.

    ReplyDelete